A frightened puppy was rescued after being trapped in a sever in the US for eight hours. The incident took place in San Antonio, and the puppy was one of three that fell into an open valve while playing in the front yard of a home, according to a report in New York Post. San Antonio firefighters pulled two puppies to safety, but were unable to catch the third, which had crawled deeper into the sewer line.
The massive rescue operation began when the department called the San Antonio Water System for assistance. Using a small camera, staff located the dog inside the sewer and carefully redirected it 200 feet to a sewer opening found across the street.
After almost eight hours, the dog, who was called Pipa by emergency personnel, was pulled out and saved.
Before returning Pipa to her owners, San Antonio Animal Care Services took her to a nearby veterinarian for an examination. Although the officials stated that there are not many cases of dogs falling into private sewage systems, they nevertheless advised locals to ensure that their waste valves are properly covered.
A few months ago, a four-month-old Labrador was rescued by British firefighters after getting his head caught in a wall. The adventurous pup, named Teale, got stuck in a tumble dryer vent in Longtown, Carlisle. Firefighters were able to save the four-month-old puppy after the dog’s owners called emergency services to free it.
Giving details of the incident, Carlisle East Fire Station stated in a Facebook post, “At 4.15pm Carlisle East was mobilized to a property in Longtown to reports of a young dog with its head stuck in a wall.” “Attendees were greeted by a mischievous 4-month-old labrador puppy named Teale, who had gotten himself into a predicament by getting his head stuck in a dryer vent and was feeling very sorry for himself. Fortunately, crews were able to remove Teale with minimal effort using small tools and she was no worse for wear for her ordeal. She was very grateful and rewarded the crew with lots of hugs and treats!”
Click for more trendy news