The Met Police have said they have received an allegation of sexual assault against Russell Brand dating back to 2003.
It comes after four women have made allegations of sexual abuse against the comedian between 2006 and 2013 as part of an investigation by The Times, The Sunday Times and Channel 4 Dispatches.
Since publication, The Times said it had been contacted by “several women” with further allegations about Brand, but said their claims have not yet been investigated and “will now be thoroughly checked”.
A Met spokesman said: “We are aware of reporting by The Sunday Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches about allegations of sexual crimes.
“On Sunday 17 September, the Met received a report of a sexual assault which is said to have taken place in Soho, central London in 2003. Officers are in contact with the woman and will provide her with support.
“We first spoke to The Sunday Times on Saturday 16 September and have since reached out further to The Sunday Times and Channel 4 to ensure that anyone who believes they have been sexually assaulted is aware, how to report this to the police.
“We continue to encourage anyone who believes they may have been sexually assaulted, regardless of how long ago it was, to contact us.”
Russell Brand, 48, denies any allegations against him. He claimed in a video posted online Friday night that all his relationships have been “consensual”.
This latest news is being updated and more details will be published soon.
Please refresh the page for the full version.